HALLMARK CHANNEL IS VIEWERS’ ‘HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS’;
NETWORK CONTINUES TO RANK AS #1 ON CABLE
Latest Original Movie Premieres on Saturday & Sunday Nights
Averaged a 3.3 Household Rating, 3.3 Million Total Viewers,
and 584,000 Women 25-54
New York, NY, November 19, 2019 – Hallmark Channel’s holiday ratings sensation, “Countdown to Christmas”, continues to entertain millions of viewers, positioning the network to rank #1 on cable among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers since its launch on October 25th.
Saturday night’s holiday original premiere “Christmas Under the Stars” and Sunday night’s debut of “Write Before Christmas”, averaged a 3.3 HH rating, 3.3 million Total Viewers, and 584,000 Women 25-54.
The 10th anniversary of “Countdown to Christmas” has reached over 35 million unduplicated Total Viewers to-date. Overall, Crown Media Family Networks’ holiday programming initiatives, including Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ “Miracles of Christmas” and Hallmark Drama’s “Home for the Holidays”, have reached a combined total of nearly 44 million unduplicated Total Viewers to-date.
Key Nielsen Highlights (Live +SD)
Overall “Countdown to Christmas” 10th Anniversary Highlights
- The franchise to-date has propelled the network to be the highest-rated and most-watched cable network during Total Day and Primetime among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers, excluding news and sports
- Elevated Hallmark Channel to rank as #1 for three consecutive weeks among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers, excluding news and sports
- Catapulted network to be #1 during Weekend Total Day over the past three weeks among Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54, Adults 25-54, and Total Viewers, excluding sports
- Initiative has reached over 35 million unduplicated Total Viewers in 2019-to-date
Saturday, November 16 – “Christmas Under the Stars”
- Averaged a 3.4 Household rating, 3.4 million Total Viewers, and 530,000 Women 25-54
- Ranked as the highest-rated and most-watched cable program of the week among Households and Total Viewers, excluding news and sports
- Was the highest-rated and most-watched program of the day among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers
- Reached 4.9 million unduplicated Total Viewers
Sunday, November 17 – “Write Before Christmas”
- Averaged a 3.1 Household rating, 3.2 million Total Viewers, and 638,000 Women 25-54
- Ranked as the highest-rated and most-watched program of the day and the second highest-rated and most-watched program of the week among Households, excluding news and sports
- Reached over 4.9 million unduplicated Total Viewers
Source: Nielsen, October 25 – November 17, 2019
Contact: Megan Van Tine, 212-445-6694 | MeganVanTine@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 81 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
 Excluding news and sports.
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.