HALLMARK CHANNEL’S “ONCE UPON A PRINCE” CHARMS VIEWERS
FINAL MOVIE IN NETWORK’S 2018 ‘SPRING FEVER’ PROGRAMMING EVENT
BOOSTS NETWORK TO BECOME HIGHEST-RATED AND MOST-WATCHED
IN PRIMETIME AND TOTAL DAY
New York, NY, April 10, 2018 – Hallmark Channel’s annual programming event “Spring Fever” culminated Saturday night with the world premiere of “Once Upon a Prince,” which marked the most-watched and highest-rated cable program of the day, excluding news and sports.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
Saturday, April 7 – “Once Upon a Prince”:
- Averaged a 2.4 Household rating, 2.6 million Total Viewers and 488,000 Women 25-54
- Most-watched cable movie of the day and week among Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers
- Third highest-rated cable program of the week, excepting news and sports
- Reached over 3.5 million unduplicated Total Viewers
Overall, this year’s stunt was the network’s most successful “Spring Fever” since its launch in 2016 among Households and all key demos.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
- The 2018 “Spring Fever” original movies averaged a 2.3 Household rating, 2.5 million Total Viewers and 395,000 Women 25-54
- All four consecutive Saturday night original movies were the most-watched and highest-rated programs for the day on which they premiered, with the exception of news and sports
- Compared to its 2017 counterpart, 2018 “Spring Fever” was up 8% in HH rating, 15% among Women 25-54 and 9% among Total Viewers
Source: Nielsen, March 12, 2018 – April 8, 2018
Contact: Megan Van Tine, 212-445-6694 | MeganVanTine@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.