HALLMARK CHANNEL’S COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS
STILL GOING STRONG IN WEEK FOUR
Network Once Again Steals Highest-Rated and Most-Watched Network on Cable
New York, NY, November 21, 2017 – In its fourth consecutive weekend of new original premieres, Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas is sustaining huge ratings and delivery results and reinforcing the network’s position as television’s top destination for holiday programming. Building on the franchise’s success over the last three weeks, the Saturday, November 18th premiere of “Coming Home for Christmas” and Sunday, November 19th debut of “A Gift to Remember” collectively boosted Hallmark Channel to rank as the most-watched and highest-rated network across cable for the entire weekend among Women 25-54, Adults 25-54, Women 18-49, Adults 18-49, Households and Total Viewers.
To-date, Countdown to Christmas has reached an unduplicated audience of 48.1 million Total Viewers.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
“Comin Home for Christmas”:
- Averaged 3.7 HH rating, 4.1 million Total Viewers, and 774,000,000 W25-54
- Highest-rated cable program of the day among HHs and W25-54
- Second highest HH-rated non-sports cable program of the week
- Marks Hallmark Channel’s highest-rated and most-watched program in 2017 to-date among HHs and Total Viewers
- Delivered more W25-54, W18-49, Households and Total Viewers than ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox in the Saturday, 8-10p time period.
”A Gift to Remember”
- Averaged a 3.5 HH rating, 3.9 million Total Viewers, and 763,000 W25-54
- Second highest rated cable program of the day
- Third highest-rated cable program of the week, excluding sports
- Boosted Hallmark Channel to experience its most-watched day in network history among households
- Reached 5.7 million unduplicated viewers
**Source: Nielsen, November 13-19, 2017
Contact: Allison Bennett, 212-445-6692 | AllisonBennett@crownmedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.